Pregnancy Massage Course: 4 day diploma accredited by APNT
You may or may not be working with pregnant women, but you feel that you would like a deeper understanding of how to support women and their families during this exciting time. You may be unsure, or even slightly nervous, of how to work with certain aspects of pregnancy. This pregnancy massage course will give you the confidence to realise the potential of pregnancy massage which is about so much more than simply addressing physical complaints. You will also learn skills for supporting clients to prepare for birth.
Gain a solid foundation with which to support women and their families during this life changing time with specialised massage skills, along with positioning, postural exercises, breath and visualisations and self care
Understand the body in a way which will enable you to offer holistic support not just for pregnant women and their families, but adding to your skill base for all clients.
Be able to work sensitively with women who may have had more challenging experiences such as miscarriage or issues conceiving or are experiencing higher risk pregnancies.
Learn more about your own connection to pregnancy, your time in the womb and birth, whether or not you have been pregnant.
Suzanne Yates is such a wonderfully inspiring teacher. She teaches with such confidence and clearly loves the work she does, which shows by the way she manages to have a whole room hanging on her every word. It was by far the best training in this field I have done and has helped me in my work as a birth professional so much!
Massage therapist and owner of Mother Box
What you will learn
- Anatomy and Physiology of pregnancy and birth in an engaging and practical way
- How to work at all stages of pregnancy, birth and into the postnatal period
- How to support common complaints of pregnancy
- New massage techniques for the back and spine
- How to work with the pregnant abdomen safely and creatively
- Massage techniques for preparing for birth and for use during birth
- How to massage in the side, seated and all fours position on the table and floor and adapt to different clients’ needs
- Shiatsu/acupressure points and connections relevant for maternity
- How the eastern model of the body as a garden, supports the pregnant woman on all levels
- How to include key postural exercises to reduce common complaints of pregnancy
- How to support the mother’s connection with her baby and partner and be aware of the emotional changes as well as the physical, helping prepare her for birth and motherhood
- How to tailor treatments to the individual needs of clients
- To develop your own style, building on your current skills
- How to work safely with higher risk clients
- Breathing and visualisations
- What is your role as a maternity therapist and your relationship with midwives and obstetricians
- Creating a relevant pregnancy consultation form
A respected and rigorous pregnancy massage course
Running since 1999, this pregnancy massage course covers all you need to know to be able to safely and effectively work with pregnant women, low and higher risk, at all stages of pregnancy and preparing for birth. During the pregnancy massage course you will work with a pregnant woman and after the course there is a 6 month period of consolidation through supervised case study and project work. This will enable you to integrate the new techniques with your current way of massaging, which may include reflexology, aromatherapy or Thai Massage. After receiving the Diploma you can feel confident that you have one of the most rigorous pregnancy massage course qualifications in the world. You will be able to say that you specialise in working with pregnant women and go on the Wellmother register.
This pregnancy massage course is accredited by the APNT and gives you a firm foundation for maternity work. After attending this pregnancy massage course you can choose to attend birth, or postnatal courses either in person or on line. If you want a basic introduction to Pregnancy Massage you can just attend the first day of the pregnancy massage course. Email us if you are interested in this option.
This was probably the best Google search I have ever made. The training has enabled me to run a busy and successful practice over the last 12 years in maternity therapies. Suzanne is a wonderful inspiration to me and her own work and her training of bodyworkers, has positively influenced so many lives on a global scale. She is a gift to womankind.