Learn the importance of the Extraordinary Vessels for female clients:understand the menstrual cycle and how to support fertility
You may feel that you could give better support to your female clients at different phases of their cycle whether or not they are trying to conceive. You might also feel that you would like to understand how to support your own energies better. The menstrual cycle offers a valuable tool for understanding the nature of women’s energies and how to support them more effectively, especially if we are trying to conceive. The most effective way to support conception, and indeed the whole maternity period, is to include work with all the Core Four Extraordinary Vessels, not simply Conception and Governing Vessel. As well as deepening your shiatsu, you will learn self care exercises and meditations which will be useful not only for your clients but also you! This course can be taken as a stand alone module, but also gives a basis from which we will build into more detailed work in specialised maternity modules.
What you will learn
- How to start integrating the Extraordinary Vessels into your work, especially Penetrating, Girdle, Conception and Governing
- Eastern understandings of the menstrual cycle, which will help you integrate the Extraordinary Vessels along with the 12 channels into your work with all female clients
- Relevant Anatomy and Physiology of the menstrual cycle in an engaging and practical way
- More about your own connection to your menstrual cycle
- Understanding the ending of the menstrual cycle (the menopause)
- Exercises to help you understand the nature of the Extraordinary Vessels which will benefit both you and your clients
Foundation module: stand alone or can continue to maternity modules
Running since 1999, this course is a pre requisite to covering the material of the specific modules of pregnancy, birth and postnatal.
The maternity modules are: Pregnancy 4-7 October 2018, Birth 7-10 February 2019 and Postnatal 27-30 June 2019: all in Bristol at the Centre for Whole Health. These courses are taught by Suzanne Yates. More information about them will be on line soon.
The course with Nicola Endicott made a wonderful refresher of both technique and theory, whilst adding a new approach to working, which includes connecting with Essence, which flows / resides within the marvellous Extraordinary Vessels.
Nicola Endicott facilitated the cooperative learning environment expertly, keeping balance between work and play, relaxation and learning, so that each day went by seemingly quickly, yet by the end of the course we mostly felt like we had been on a lifetime voyage, arriving in a new present moment, enriched and revitalised, not fatigued nor over-loaded.
I found exploring and working with these Vessels to be a very rewarding and profound process. I opened to a new depth, a new layer of understanding and appreciating the constantly collective and self-evolving process that is the learning and practise of the experiential healing art of shiatsu.