Learn the importance of the Extraordinary Vessels for female clients:understand the menstrual cycle and how to support fertility
You may feel that you could give better support to your female clients at different phases of their cycle whether or not they are trying to conceive. You might also feel that you would like to understand how to support your own energies better. The menstrual cycle offers a valuable tool for understanding the nature of women’s energies and how to support them more effectively, especially if we are trying to conceive. The most effective way to support conception, and indeed the whole maternity period, is to include work with all the Core Four Extraordinary Vessels, not simply Conception and Governing Vessel. As well as deepening your shiatsu, you will learn self care exercises and meditations which will be useful not only for your clients but also you! This course can be taken as a stand alone module, but also gives a basis from which we will build into more detailed work in specialised maternity modules.
What you will learn
- How to start integrating the Extraordinary Vessels into your work, especially Penetrating, Girdle, Conception and Governing
- Eastern understandings of the menstrual cycle, which will help you integrate the Extraordinary Vessels along with the 12 channels into your work with all female clients
- Relevant Anatomy and Physiology of the menstrual cycle in an engaging and practical way
- More about your own connection to your menstrual cycle
- Exercises to help you understand the nature of the Extraordinary Vessels which will benefit both you and your clients
Foundation module: stand alone or can continue to maternity modules
Running since 1999, this course is a pre requisite to covering the material of the specific modules of pregnancy, birth and postnatal.
The maternity modules are: Pregnancy 4-7 October 2018, Birth 7-10 February 2019 and Postnatal 27-30 June 2019: all in Bristol at the Centre for Whole Health. These courses are taught by Suzanne Yates. More information about them will be on line soon.
I feel that the course gave me some invaluable insights into the female psyche and the impact of their ‘Yin-ness’ on their well being – so much so I can now empathise more readily with them. To any male Shiatsu practitioners who plan to work with pregnant clients this course is a MUST.