Massage and Shiatsu Individual sessions with Suzanne Yates in Bristol
I’ve worked as a shiatsu and massage therapist since qualifiying with the Healing Shiatsu Education centre in 1988 and the Maitri Foundation. I work with clients at all stages of their lives from pregnant mums to the elderly.
I include shiatsu or massage as appropriate to the client. I specialise in women’s health, from puberty to post menopause, including menstrual issues, fertility,pregnancy, birth and postnatal support. I am also qualitifed in sports massage.MORE ABOUT ME
I have written several books on Pregnancy and birth and am currently working on a new book about some of the lesser known channels of acupuncture which can support everyone at all stages of their lives.
I teach shiatsu and massage therapists and midwives world wide.
I am fully insured and registered with the Shiatsu Society and the CNHC for massage and shiatsu.
If you want to read more about my story please visit https://www.wellmother.org/find-a-practitioner/2686/wellmother/
How I work
Massage and Shiatsu individual sessions
What to expect from a session
The main focus of the session is usually either massage or shiatsu or a combination of the two. However sometimes people come more for exercise guidance.
- You can choose to receive either fully clothed or directly on your skin.
- I mostly work on a futon on the floor but I can offer treatments on the table if that is what you prefer.
- I begin by asking some questions to find out what is going on for you and how I can help you.
- Then we might do some breathing or exercises before we start the hands on work.
- We create a calm space and an awareness of your body.
- After this, you lie down, relax and the massage/shiatsu part of the session begins.
- Sometimes people verbalise what they are experiencing while receiving the treatment.
- This part usually lasts about 40 to 50 minutes.